2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD (Classic)
* LBZ 6.6 H.O. Duramax Diesel (Vin D)
* Automatic (6 speed Allison)
- Two Tone Custom Leather
- LT Package
- Short bed
- Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Power Door Locks
- Ice Cold A/C
- Cruise Control
- Tow Package
- Cold A/C
If you don't already know what a 2007 Silverado Classic with a LBZ (VIN D) Duramax Silverado is, let me take a few moments to explain.
In 2006 GM started putting 6 speed Allison transmissions mated to their existing LLY (VIN 2) motors in their HD trucks.
This made a big improvement in driveability, towing and fuel economy.
Halfway through the year they updated the motor to the engine code LBZ (VIN D) which was redesigned for more power.
This new high output motor along with the new 6 speed transmission resulted in even better driveability, towing and fuel economy.There are plenty of people that report fuel economy in the 23-27 MPG range.
It's a common misconception that all 2006 Duramax trucks have the LBZ motor. Unfortunately, only half of them do.
An easy way to tell is by looking at the 8th digit of the VIN. If it is a "2", then its the older LLY. If its a "D", then its the LBZ.
In 2007 GM came out with a new body style. Also in 2007 the federal government significantly increased their emissions standards for all diesel trucks. These new emissions standards forced manufacturers to make changes like adding DPF filters to the exhaust and to lower the fuel rail pressure at lower RPMs to meet the emission standards. In addition to that, in order for the newer trucks to clean their DPF filter, a process called regeneration regularly takes place. During this process a portion of the fuel from the tank is used to create a burn in the exhaust to clean it, which means even less fuel economy. Unfortunately, this significantly reduced fuel economy, performance, durability and longevity.
The 2007 new body style and newer trucks have been seeing the long term effect of the additional back pressure and emissions control systems with premature failures.
Unfortunately, this means the days of seeing light duty diesels lasting well over half a million miles is all but over.
GM was allowed to continue to sell their Silverado Classic for the first part of 2007 with the LBZ motor without the new emissions standards while they converted one of their plants to the 2007 new body style Silverado.
So basicly the 2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD is the newest or last possible truck you can buy without the power robbing, fuel economy robbing and life shortening emission standards of the newer trucks.
This truck in particular is probably one of the best ones available, because of all of its recent reconditioning:
* New Motor from GM installed with a 3 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
* Transmission Serviced
* Transfer Case Serviced
* Front and Rear Differentials Serviced
* Coolant, Power Steering fluid, and Brake Fluid All Flushed.
* 4" Cat Back Exhaust System
* New Batteries
* New 35" Tires on 20" Rims
* Paint To Match (not Chrome) SS Silverado Grill
* Paint To Match front Bumper Cover
* Black Front Chevy Bowtie
* Paint To Match Escalade Door Door Handles Including Tailgate
* Clear Headlights
* LED Taillights
* Debadged except for the Duramax/Allison Badge
* Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
* New Over The Rail Bed Liner
* New Custom Two Tone Leather
* 7 Inch in dash Multimedia Touch Screen with Nav, Bluetooth, Wifi Mirror Link and More
* WeatherTech Custom Fit All Weather Floor Mats
* Viper Lifetime Warranty Window Film /Tint
* Beautiful Hard To Find Victory Red
* All Original Books
* Both OEM Keys and Key Fobs
* RCD 6" Lift
* Amp Research Power Steps
- This truck has spent its life is the southwest and is free of any rust
- Free and clear Arizona title ready to be transferred to its new owner
- Only two owner in its 10 years
- Clean CarFax free of any accidents or brandings
- 3 Year warranty on motor from General Motors (Chevy)
- 3 Month safety and reliability warranty
Although the asking price may seem high for a 10 year old truck, take into consideration that a new similarly equipped truck with a lift, wheels, tires, bedliner, etc. is twice as much or more and comes with lower fuel economy, higher insurance payments and higher devaluation over an average 4 year ownership period.
If you have any questions about the truck or would like to make an appointment to see it feel free to call or text me.
** Offers via text will be ignored **